Graduation Rehearsals
To escape another boring, very routine day-long overload of information, the HumBio people from my class went off to our old alma mater for our graduation rehearsals. About 2-3 people stayed behind at school, though, because they didn't want to miss anything, I guess and it ended up that we who didn't go to school didn't miss anything. Nobody gave quizzes even though it was expected. Lucky us.
I was mostly exactly for the day coz I'd get to spend it again with my partner-in-crime bestbuddy, Kem. Have I missed that girl. Anyway, we got together at around 10am and spend the day together. Yay. Kind of like old times.
And I just reread what I wrote and realized that I came off sounding like some gay lesbian lover. Bwahahahaha
Anyway, the whole was kind of wasted and yet it was worth it. Got the togas - oh, sorry, academic attires when I arrived (around 9am) and went with Kem so she can get hers. And then I ate in Z2 coz I missed breakfast and I was hungry. And then we met up with the other humbio people. And then we ate lunch... and then we had the Bacca-whatever mass wherein I found out that Russ Ramilo, BJ Cortes, and Gian Baquiran are my co-graduates and that one of my classmates also came from my high school Alma Mater.
I've missed Taft Ave. With it's crazy drivers, pollution, non-stop noise... just the business of the city, yknow? And yet I somehow felt a bit out of place in my old school. Perhaps because I haven't really stepped inside of it for about 2-3 years. And maybe, too, because they changed some things inside, places that I have hung out in during my two-year stint in there.
I can't believe I've only been there for 2 years and yet had a lot of memories in it that all came to me as I walked around. Here's the canteen we always ate at, here's the place where we ate lunch at during our first day orientation, here's the place where my whole class always hung out even though nobody else did and we got told off a number of times for staying there. I miss the civilian clothes and the different types of outfits you see walking by. I miss the cute guys that always litter the place and many different kinds and types of people you see in that place.
I'm glad I went to school there, I'm glad I grew up there. Good memories and bad memories... they helped me grow.
Surprisingly, during our 6-8pm graduation rehearsal, I felt strangely weepy. For me, graduation wasn't really a big deal, especially not since I'm still studying. And yet, hearing all those words "presenting the graduates" and blah-blah? I got weepy and quite sentimental.
But life goes on.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home